September 30, 2012

Brothers of Mine

I have lively brothers. My self is surrounded with their dirty feet and sticky faces. Lest you misunderstand, they are super fantastic and I love them very much. But sometimes I can only laugh. Recently, after looking for my leather belt for months, I was lingering around the computer picture screensaver and spied this photo:


 

Do you see the brown belt around his waist? Yes. It was an essential accessory it seems. After the photo, it didn't take long for me to find the belt in his closet. But when a brother hugs me with a face of innocence, could anyone ever hold it against him? 
Sometimes the entrance to the upstairs is hindered by threads. Yes, threads, connected to medieval knight figures in order to create the illusion of falling. And occasionally a brother is inspired by a pile of mud. 


They have been asked, "So boys, who will make sure your feet are clean before you get in bed?" They replied, "Why our sisters, of course." How could they more literally go unshod? I just don't look at the tub water.  They make me laugh. They love my treats. They glue together birthday cards. What would my life be without them? Surely, my life would be something more empty and less adventurous. As Mama says, perhaps cleanliness isn't next to godliness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a message!