October 21, 2013

Apple Butter



             





Apple Butter Recipe


15      apples
1/4     cup honey
3        Tablespoons cinnamon
1/2     teaspoon cloves
1/2     teaspoon nutmeg

1.     Peel, core, and cube the apples.

2.     Dump into a crock-pot and add other ingredients.

3.     Set crock-pot on low and leave for about 8 hrs. When the apples are soft, mash them up for a       couple hours more of cooking.

4.     After about 8 hrs., or when the apples are really soft, puree with a stick blender or a food processor until smooth.

5.     Put in jars and refrigerate. Slather on yummy foods, such as Pumpkin Muffins or Pancakes!

Recipe Notes:

~ I did half the honey suggested, and it was fine. Taste it to see what you think. Our apples were pretty sweet.
~ I have to say something about the jars I put the apple butter in! I found them at a little farm shop in Michigan. They are antique jelly jars. So in love with them.

Click here for a printable recipe!

I got the recipe here. I haven't explored any other recipes on this site yet, so good luck!:
http://morethanpaleo.com/paleo-apple-butter/

Happy Autumn,

Madeleine
Unshod Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a message!